venerdì 26 aprile 2013

Anarchy and emigration: Sacco and Vanzetti


“I would not wish to a dog or to a snake, to the most low and misfortunate creature of the earth–I would not wish to any of them what I have had to suffer for things that I am not guilty of. But my conviction is that I have suffered for things that I am guilty of. I am suffering because I am a radical and indeed I am a radical; I have suffered because I am an Italian and indeed I am an Italian(…). If you could execute me two times, and if I could be reborn two other times, I would live again to do what I have done already”
“Io non augurerei a un cane o a un serpente, alla più bassa e disgraziata creatura della Terra — non augurerei a nessuna di queste ciò che ho dovuto soffrire per cose di cui non sono colpevole. Ma la mia convinzione è che ho sofferto per cose di cui sono colpevole. Sto soffrendo perché sono un radicale, e davvero io sono un radicale; ho sofferto perché ero un Italiano, e davvero io sono un Italiano(…). Se voleste giustiziarmi due vole, e se io rinascessi altre due volte, io vivrei nuovamente per rifare ciò che ho già fatto.”
Bartolomeo Vanzetti
“From Sicily”
Lewis Wickes Hine

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento